DO NOT TEXT & DRIVE
Research: The problems with Texting and Driving. How to not Text and Drive.
Driving is an activity that would require our full attention. That fact is something that a lot of us take for granted because we might have gotten comfortable and used to driving without any accidents. This is the reason why a lot of people try to do other stuff while they are behind the wheel.
THE PROBLEM OF LOOKING AT SOCIAL MEDIA WILL DRIVING
There is something that many new drivers do multiple times a day that can be over three times more dangerous than driving while intoxicated. It may not come as a surprise that social media is the culprit of such risky behaviour. Using social media while driving is the newest deadly trend that is swerving into our path.
The Death tolls in the US from Texting and Driving.
- In 2013, according to statistics compiled by the Department of Transportation, 3,154 people died and another 424,000 were injured in motor vehicle.
- 1 out of every 4 car accidents in the United States is caused by texting and driving.
- Texting while driving is 6x more likely to cause an accident than driving drunk.
- Answering a text takes away your attention for about five seconds. Traveling at 55 mph, that’s enough time to travel the length of a football field.
- Texting while driving causes a 400% increase in time spent with eyes off the road.